Pages

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Best Threequels

Yesterday we looked at the Worst Threequels ever, and today we look at the best.

Before I get there, a moment for those films that don’t really fit anywhere. Sometimes a Threequel is clearly inferior to the original film, but in and of itself is a still a good movie. In other words, there is some love there. I’m talking about films like BACK TO THE FUTURE III, MATRIX REVOLUTIONS, BATMAN FOREVER and TERMINATOR 3. They aren’t terrible, but they don’t raise the bar, either.

Finally, I have to admit I agonized over the top three for days. I know most people won’t even care, but I do. So before you give uneducated opinions, know that much thought went into this.

THE TOP TEN THREEQUELS OF ALL TIME


#10 RAMBO III – I haven’t seen any of the First Bloods, and only put this on the list because of Ajax, so if you disagree blame him.


#9 SCREAM 3 – The funniest of the three, and one of the few horror threequels to stand up.


#8 TROIS COULEURS: ROUGE – Along with the first two films, BLUE and WHITE, the best trilogy you’ve never heard of.


#7 ROCKY III – With Clubber Lang and Thunderlips, how can you lose?


#6 EVIL DEAD 3: ARMY OF DARKNESS – “Yo, She-bitch…let’s go!” and even better: “Gimme some sugar, baby!”


#5 HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN – Can I please start lusting after Emma Watson? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease?


#4 INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE – “Indiana? We named the dog Indiana!” (By the way, didn’t you love the way that German chick cut his lip when she kissed him?


#2 (tie) REVENGE OF THE SITH and RETURN OF THE JEDI – Not even Yoda could choose between them.

And the number one Threequel of all time….


#1 RETURN OF THE KING – I believe Aragorn said it best: “Hold your ground, hold your ground. Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day. This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you *stand, Men of the West!”

Up Next: Monkey Barners turn into X-Men!