Pages

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

ELESSAR'S FAVORITE SMELLS

Friend of the Hyperion Institute Elessar kindly consented to do a Top Ten list, and this is what he came up with: his favorite smells. I'm not saying they'd have all been mine, but I loved each and every one of them.

If you like (or dislike) his choices, you can do one of three things: leave a comment, drop him a line yourself (elessar@ntlworld.com), or send in your own list.


ELESSAR'S FAVORITE SMELLS



10. Lime - For margaritas, salsa, Coca-Cola.



9. Marinara sauce - Walk into a kitchen & smell tomatoes, onions, garlic, basil, oregano together and you know you'll be eating well



8. Hyacinths - my favorite early spring flower. When they bloom, you know you're getting ready for shorts & t-shirts max about 35 days away. They smell like fairies do.



7. Cedar - The wood is bug-repelling, and always made my mom & dad's winter clothes stay fresh. It's the smell of preservation.



6. Ocean - There really is only /one/ contiguous body of water. It smells different depending on where you encounter it, but it bringing out the water-comfy primate in me.



5. Wood smoke - In the house, in the back garden, under food. It reminds me of Autumn



4.Cinnamon - My favorite additive to vodka or pastries.



3. A pine, spruce & fir-dominated forest after a rainstorm, combined with humus and deciduous trees' scent. Can you tell I grew up in Canada?



2. Freshly-washed hair and skin.

And Elessar’s #1 smell is….

1. Bread, just baked and steaming on the counter, with a slather of butter.


Up Next: I'm not doing one of these for awhile, so if someone wants to send me a top ten list, I'll post it. Otherwise, read the Archives.